Thursday, September 22, 2011

We're Writing Creatively in Second Grade

Creative Writing: A Trip to the Moon

The second graders have been reading and writing about space this week. In this creative writing assignment, they began thinking about the writing process. First, they put together graphic organizers to describe what they would do to prepare for a trip to the moon. Next, they used their organizers to develop a first draft.  After making some revisions, the children edited their drafts. Take a look! They had some fantastic ideas.

If I took a trip to the moon, I would need to learn how to fly a spaceship. I would bring food and water. Then I would take a picture of my friends so I wouldn’t get lonely. I would take air and a spacesuit with me. I would take a diary. I would go to the moon so I can read books—but I’ll have to keep them from floating away!
Nick


If I took a trip to the moon, I would need to learn how to fly a spaceship. I would ask my Grammy White to make me a spacesuit and buy me a helmet. I would also ask her to make me a cake, too! I would bring my family so I don’t get lonely. I will bring dog food, sandwiches, water, and cat food. I would go to the moon so I can explore the astronauts’ foot prints. I will bring a tent and a fridge.
Jasmine


If I took a trip to the moon I would need to learn how to fly a spaceship. I would bring a friend. I would also bring food. I’d bring air. I would bring a spacesuit. I would go to the moon so I can explore it.
Will


If I took a trip to the moon, I would need to bring a friend. I’d bring food and water. I would bring my family and my dog. I would bring games and a spacesuit. I would also bring sponges for a sponge bath to keep clean. Then I would be ready! I would go to the moon so I can explore!
Katelynn


If I took a trip to the moon, I would need to learn how to fly a spaceship first. Then I would pack some food and water. Then I would bring some company. I would need to bring a spacesuit and an air tank. I would need to bring games, books, journals, and a diary. I would go to the moon so I can study the moon.
Emily L.


If I took a trip to the moon, I would need to learn how to fly a spaceship. I would need an oxygen tank and food and water. Also, I would need games and books and I would need one stuffed animal. If you or me want crayons and some coloring books , I would bring one. I would need a space suit, too. Then I would go to the moon so I can see if there are really aliens!
Tristan


If I took a trip to the moon, I would need to fly a spaceship. I would bring a friend and an air tank. I would bring food and water. I would also bring a camera. I would go to the moon so I can investigate the moon.
Greyson


If I took a trip to the moon, I would need to learn how to fly a spaceship first. I would bring things to do. I would bring food and drinks. I would bring my friends and family. I would bring an air tank and a space suit with a space helmet. I would go to the moon so I can investigate the astronauts footprints!
Samantha 


Creative Writing: Visiting a New Place

Let’s go to Mali! We might see gorgeous weavings and quilts and I’d really love to see the exquisite country. And another thing: instead of looking, you can do stuff like we might make lovely weavings! And learn more French and weave beautiful cloth and clothing and draw a picture of the beauteous country! Mali is a great place!
Jessica


I want to go to Africa. I want to see lions. I know I will find them in a big field. I also want to see cheetahs. I want to see one of them run really fast. I know I will find them in another wide open field. I would like to study African animals when I grow up and figure out things about all animals that live in Africa like cheetah, leopards, lions, antelope, white tailed foxes, kangaroos, mice, hyenas, elephants, giraffes, bunnies, red tailed hawks, red tailed foxes, and all the other animals that live in Africa. Then end.
Gracie


I would like to go to Australia. I would like to see kangaroos and emus. I would like to see koalas.
Elizabeth

I would like to go to Japan. I would like to see people using chopsticks to eat rice and fish.
Vincent

I would like to go to Switzerland. When I got there, I would like to go to the Alps. My  uncle looks at Lake Geneva from his office. Isn’t that cool?!  I think I would like to go to Lake Geneva to see my cousins.
Avery


I would like to go to Paris and see the Eiffel Tower and see buildings. I want to walk on streets and eat at cafes and go to the museums.
Sydney


Today I’m going to Six Flags and I’m going into the water park and I will see peeps that I know there and I will go on a water slide and I will go on a hike and I will go in a pool. There are cubbies that I want to see as big as a tower and a big library.
Skye


I want to go to North Carolina. The things I would see are a lot of bugs it is too buggy. You would see a slide that is over thirty feet tall. I would go down the slide and I want to go in a pool. It is exciting.
Emily F.


I want to go to Boston and I want to go out to eat and go shopping and playing at parks and going in a taxi ride to look at cities and cars and buses and go to a Boston Red Sox game.
Dylan

1 comment:

  1. IF I WOULD GO TO THE MOON I WOULD SEE THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA.I WOULD BRING A CAMERA WITH ME TO CLICK A PHOTO. I OULD ALSO BRING A TELESCOPE APPROXIMATLY OF 300x.I WOULD ATTACH MY CAMERA WITH MY TELESCOPE AND CLICK THE PHOTO OF METEORS AND ASTRIODS. I WOULD ALSO TRY TO CLICK A PHOTO OF U.F.O. AND BECOME FAMOUS.

    ReplyDelete